This traditional, sweet Scandinavian treat can be served for dessert or breakfast. Your home will smell amazing while it bakes!
Serves: Makes 1 loaf
Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 40-50 minutes
• 1 1⁄4 cup sugar
• 1 1⁄4 cup flour, sifted
• 2/3 cup milk
• 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
• 1 egg
• 1 1⁄2 tsp pure almond extract
• 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
• Confectioners Sugar
• Almond Slivers
• *optional sprinkles
• Rehrucken/Almond Cake Loaf Pan (inexpensive on amazon here)
• Cooking spray
• Melt butter.
• Beat together sugar, milk, egg, and almond extract,
• Combine baking powder and flour to milk mixture.
• Mix in melted butter until thoroughly combined.
• Coat pan with cooking spray.
• Fill pan with cake batter.
• Bake cake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
• Set cake pan on rack to thoroughly cool. Do not try to remove while cake is warm as it will crack. When cooled, place pan upside down and tap. Sides can be loosened with a silicone or wooden tool. Do not use metal as it will scratch the pan.