One week Timothy loves Bananas, the next he doesn’t which often leaves us with extra. Instead of throwing them away, we put them in the freezer to then make our favourite Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. It’s easy and delicious.
- 3 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- salt, to taste
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚F).
- In a bowl, add the bananas and mash until smooth. Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour, and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.